Thank you for your interest in Faith Landmarks Ministries and its affiliates job openings. Please peruse our career page for open job opportunities. Click the + sign beside a job title to view the job description.
When ready, download and complete the appropriate job application shown on the page by clicking on the job application title. The job application will open in PDF.
For questions, please call our church office at (804) 262.7104.
High school diploma or equivalent, experience working with preschool children in a group setting. Must have received, be in the process of receiving, or be willing to receive some classroom training in the education and development of young children. Must relate well to children, have a warm and friendly personality, and be able to work in harmony with other staff members. Must fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the center’s guidelines, vision of Christian values and education.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting the teacher in planning and implementing the daily program in a manner consistent with a Christian philosophy of education and goals of the center, understanding that daily routines may include diaper-changing, toilet training, and include the following:
- Treating each child with dignity and respect.
- Recognizing and considering the individual needs of each child.
- Helping children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Supervising the classroom, according to the plans of the teacher when the teacher is out of the room.
- Helping with meals and preparation of snacks.
- Assisting the teacher in other appropriate ways.
- Maintaining professional attitudes, behavior, and dress at all times while on duty. This includes using the proper channels to air problems and complaints.
- Participating in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality regarding children and their families.
- Generally promoting a good rapport among staff members.
- Sharing with the teacher the responsibility of maintaining a clean room.
- Attending outside workshops when appropriate.
- Maintain adherence to all safety and security guidelines
- Follow all policies as outlined in the day care handbook
Essential Job Functions
- Help ensure our facilities are fully operational for service, school, and work day.
- Set up and break down rooms and areas as directed for FLM, FLA, and FLBI use.
- Receive shipments, move and transport equipment and supplies as requested.
- Help staff and volunteers by moving furniture, equipment and supplies as requested.
- Help maintain FLM’s outside grounds.
- Empty trash receptacles as needed or requested.
- Maintain baptistery, cleaning and filling as needed/scheduled.
- Report security breaches or unresolved safety or repair needs to Facilities Manager
- Shovel snow and apply chemical ice melt as dictated by conditions, schedules and Facilities Manager
- Ensure safe access and area ways.
- Responsible for securing and unlocking the FLM/FLA and Youth Building when scheduled.
- Lay sheet rock and paint when needed
- Troubleshoot/repair mechanical equipment as required
- Perform basic maintenance/repair inside and outside as required
- Troubleshoot and report maintenance needs to the Facilities Manager via work order form.